what is consignment?
That's the best question to start with! Consignment is basically our store, Alaskan Dames, selling your quality, pre-owned used items for you so you don't have to deal with meeting someone you don't know in a parking lot just hoping they show up.
When your item(s) sell, you receive a portion of the final selling price. This means we are not a thrift store, but a store helping members in the community recycle and repurpose items they no longer need or love.
In order to be successful, we have to be selective on the items we accept as we evaluate each piece for acceptance and pricing. So many different factors go into the process, that we have guidelines in place in order to give our consignors the best payout possible and our shoppers the best selection possible.
WHAT DOES ALASKAN DAMES ACCEPT ON CONSIGNMENT?
Women's clothing/accessories (shoes, jewelry, handbags etc.) & home décor items that are in excellent condition and current in style and of interest to a large number of people. Alaskan Dames also accepts wall décor, lamps, home décor, china, crystal and seasonal items. We also accept small accent furniture. Click here to read about WHAT WE TAKE.
WOMEN'S CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
- You may bring up to 50 items per appointment.
- All clothing must be:
- free from odors
- free from pet hair
- neatly folded in shopping bags with handles (no garbage bags please) or boxes/bins with your name and phone number.
- Plastic Bins with lids are preferred.
SMALL HOME DECOR OR DECORATIVE ACCESSORIES
- You may bring in up to 25 items per appointment.
- Please make sure your items are carefully packaged (no newsprint please) in a bin or box.
ACCENT FURNITURE, ART, OR LAMPS
- Send photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include helpful details such as
- original purchase price
We need to make sure we have a market for your items! Here is a list of the type of items we are looking for:
- Accent Rugs
- Wall Art
- Side Chairs
- Accent Tables
Sit back and let us do the work! We will appraise and price your items, photograph, display and handle all marketing to get your items sold!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Alaskan Dames partners with our consignors on a 60/40 split.
- We have a 60 day term.
- If you would like any unsold items returned, please mark your calendar to pick up those items when the 60 days term is complete.
- You will have complete access to your online account at all times!
WHEN CAN I BRING IT IN?
- Schedule an appointment here: Schedule an appointment
- Drop your items on your APPOINTMENT DAY any time between 11-5.
- You will be contacted between 1-2 days to pick up your "no-thank yous"
- Please pick up items we are not able to accept! We do not have the resources to donate your items and we are charged for items we have to dispose of.